Translate

Friday 8 February 2013

Plans and schemes

Hi everyone,

So after an initial burst of activity, I have to admit that the plans for my phenomenal trans-continental adventure have taken a bit of a dive. Here's my list of things I need to do:

  • Get a massive map and a pinboard to plan my route
  • Book flights to Mexico
  • Book flights home from Canada
  • Talk to the International team at Scout HQ to work out how on earth to get in touch with US and Mexican Scouts
  • Badger Scouting Magazine into getting back in touch with me
  • Decide whether or not to take my campfire blanket with me
  • Try to learn Spanish
  • Try and organise some fundraising/grant applications
The good news is that I have indeed decided that the campfire blanket will come with me. The bad news is that EVERYTHING ELSE on that list needs doing still! I don't even really have a good excuse, having had much more free time this week than I expected! To make matters worse, the one offer I have had of a neckerchief so far, I have managed to completely ignore. So, Richard Shepherd of Somerset Network, the offer of a neckerchief is very kind - but do Somerset Network want an international connection? That is, after all, the point of the necker swapping exercise (it's already been established that I would never have room to hang all the neckers in my bedroom, and living at home still it's a bit difficult to justify filling my parents' kitchen with Mexican neckerchieves). If they do, then by all means send a necker on over with some contact details!

See? I AM on the case! Never fear, people of the Internet, for I will update here again when I have progressed further with my plans but in the meantime... if you are a resident of Maidenhead, Cookham, or anywhere that the Maidenhead Advertiser is sold, you can treat yourself today by buying a copy and seeing my beautiful (according to my Granny, who is an expert on these things) face with a little piece they've done, including a link to this blog! The start of what could (and arguably should) be a worldwide media storm surrounding this trip!

P.S. If this is the first time reading this blog, then you may want to have a quick read of the previous post, in which I explain what on earth is going on, why I need to learn Spanish, and more!

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment