Translate

Friday 8 March 2013

Plans coming together...

I had forgotten how traumatic planning a trip can be. The emotional rollercoaster of thinking that this trip will be the best thing you've ever done, then remembering that you don't know where you're spending the first night yet (don't worry folks, I'll be booking a hostel!), then feeling like you've never been less prepared for something in your entire life, is exhausting. Then there's the constant war with things that are actually happening now, which seem to demand more attention than things that will be happening in two months' time, no matter how awesome those things are.


Going to the moon next week? Sure, but these Sims won't dress themselves
(Image source http://www.mygamesfile.com/sims2game/img/1l.jpg)
However, I now have some things that will help keep me on topic, rather than playing PlayStation or going to the pub with friends or staring at passing dogs. I have maps! Large maps of Mexico and the US, on which I have previously mentioned I am going to use to plan where I am going.

The map of Mexico came very well protected indeed.



If those airbags were filled with helium I could have saved a plane ticket and just floated to Mexico
And with the help of a few thumb tacks and an obliging wall, I now have this to stare at every morning and every evening!


I'm pointing to the maps because, this being the internet, 90% of you will only have seen the cat
 
 

Tomorrow the plan is to stick pins in everywhere that I know I have to go, and then I will have a bit more of an idea where everything is in relation to everything else, and what I might have to do to get between my meeting places. It's all very exciting, because places to visit are piling up fast! I already have contacts in Guadalajara, Saltillo, Celaya, North Carolina somewhere, Connecticut, Montreal, Rochester, Halifax, and all this pretty much makes up for the fact that I had no idea how far away Hawaii was from the rest of the USA, and how unlikely it is that I will actually sensibly be able to go there. Booooo.

I'll update you when I've stuck some pins in the map, but for now I have to go and make sure tea isn't burning, and finish my grant applications. Jon the Scone out!


No comments:

Post a Comment